Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How is it 2014?!! Happy New Year!

TWO-thousand-FOURTEEN! Amazing.

Random thought: Why are we not in flying cars by now?? hmmm

 photo NYE2013Collage2_zps57ffc06b.jpg


Kapri spent the night at Grammy's with her 2 cousins...and my sister Chelsea & her BF Andrew came over to 'cheers' to the New Year, before they went to dinner & to hang with friends in another part of town.

 photo NYE2013Collage1_zps3cbe7695.jpg


After our sweet photo sesh, we headed out to have fun ringing in the New Year with the hubs & some friends at a club in downtown San Diego:

 photo NYE2013Collage3_zpscfbcc842.jpg


While being out, I decided it was time to turn over a new leaf...make a new tradition. I realized that I would much rather have gone to a really nice dinner, reflected on the past year's ups & downs together... and rang in the New Year with a glass or two of champagne at home with my loves...and/or maybe with a few friends over ---- in our PJ's, banging on pots & pans like when I was little! 

It's NOT at all that 31 is OLD, but I definitely felt a teensy tiny bit out of place on the dance floor last night...once I looked around & realized that probably most the other people around me were a solid DECADE younger than me...it was in that moment that I did truly feel: Old - weird.

And I'm okay with that...just next year we're sticking with our original plan (as mentioned above).

CHEERS to the NEW YEAR! I can feel there will be lots of transition in store for our little family of 3...


OH - and 'goals of the year' - as I like to call them:

...Our joint New Year's Resolution....is one date night per month (we had hardly any last year). Since we married on "8/22", we decided that every other month James would plan it (on the 8th) and every other month in between, I would plan it (on the 22nd). So, something fun to look forward to...planning on checking for unique 'activity' type deals Groupon & Living Social!

...My individual goal for the year is to run around 2-3 5Ks and maybe 2-3 10Ks (toward the end of the year) - would love to have more bibs & medals to proudly call my own.

...Another personal goal is to read 2 or 3 books, front to back! Last year I got through 2 which was HUGE for me...a person who 'can never find the time to read' and if I do...'I'm constantly thinking about other things I could be getting done', haha.

...Lastly, a new career. Whoa...that sounds crazy to actually write down. But the fact is, my company/position will be relocating soon (to a whole other state!)...so I know that my 7-year gig or 'book' so to speak, will soon come to an end & be closed for good - I'm assuming mid-year. I'd love to find something I have more of a passion for... it'll just take some major digging & soul searching. Fingers crossed!



4 comments:

  1. كيف تختار أثاث مكتبي
    شركة نقل اثاث بابها
    شركة نقل اثاث بابها

    عند القيام بعملية اختيار أثاث مكتبي يجب أن تعرف بعض الخطوات التي تساعدك في الوصول لأعلى كفاءة تناسب ذوقك ومكانك ومن هذة الخطوات
    شركة نقل عفش بابها

    قياس المساحة المطلوبة للمكان : فالمساحة عامل مهم جدا عند اختيارك لأثاث مكتبي منظم ومرتب وهذة الخطوة مهمة حتى لا يكون المكان مزدحم والأثاث مزدحم ويكون غير مرتب مع بعضه البعض من هنا نقول أن الرسم التخطيطى المبدأى للمكان يساعدك فى عوامل كثيرة ,وذلك لأنك تكون على دراية كاملة بمقاسات الأثاث الذى ستقوم بوضعه فى مكتبك ,أو شركتك
    شركة نقل عفش بابها
    الألوان :تعتبر الألوان من أهم الخطوات التي يجب اتباعها عند اختيار أثاث مكتبي وذلك لعدة عوامل من أهمها تنسيق الأثاث شركة نقل عفش بابها مع الدهانات التي تكون بالمكتب وذلك لأظهاره بشكل مناسب ولائق ومن هنا نقول أن تنسيق الألوان الدهان مع الأثاث شركة نقل اثاث بابها
    يعتبر من الأساسيات ,ولايمكن إهمال هذه الخطوة ,وعليك بالألوان البسيطة لأنها تكون عصرية وتظهر الملامح الكاملة للديكورات التى قمت بعملها فى مكتبك شركة نقل عفش بابها

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good blog. We are providing computer science assignment help with its best experts through The Student Helpline. Experts have many experiences in this field. We are working 24*7 and plague-free content at a very convenient cost to you. We make sure to deliver our service on time.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips