Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spray Painted Mason Jar Vase

Found this pic on Pinterest...and just HAD to recreate for my own. I totally fell for that spring-y teal color against the white flowers... everything just works!


While at Michael's I looked at a few other white (& coral) silk flowers...but I figured the white tulips would be the prettiest. So glad I stuck with that choice.

I literally did 5 coats on this beauty - luckily I was working on another project as well, so the drying time seemed to pass quickly. Usually I'm SO impatient waiting for paint to dry.

I already had the mason jar from a huge pack I got a great deal on around the holidays. The flowers were $2.80 (reg. $7) and the spray was $6.40 (normally $8) and I still have enough for another few projects! It's so easy & quick... I finished it all while K napped!





6 comments:

  1. I love the color you chose! I think the teal color looks so good with the white flowers. And I love decorating with mason jars. Can you share this at my link party?
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/share-it-link-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I'll jump over right now & post ;-) Mason jars are so versatile, love it!

      Delete
  2. Lovely color! Did you need to prep the mason jars to get paint to stick? Am thinking of doing something like this for my wedding!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline! I know, the color is just too fab & perfect for Spring! I think these would be SO great for a wedding...and SUPER cost-effective! I didn't prep the mason jars at all...literally just pulled one out of my cupboard, took off the lid, then placed it upside down on top of a trash bag - then sprayed away. Just do one light coat at a time so it doesn't run down the sides. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Hi Mejia! I just love this look, you did a really fabulous job. I wanted to let you know that I featured you this week. Thanks for the inspiration! http://designdininganddiapers.com/2012/05/top-10-tuesday-handmade-mothers-day-gift-ideas/

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!! {sorry for the 'word verification' box, I just really hate SPAM comments}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips